Do you have bananas that are quickly turning brown in your kitchen? Or are you having trouble finding bananas in the grocery store that won't go bad overnight? Banana bread is an easy way to use the bananas that your family refuses to eat rather than throwing them away. This recipe makes up two loaves so that there is plenty of banana bread to go around.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 quart mashed bananas (around 8 bananas)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 5 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter two bread loaf pans.
- In a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until they are light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- With the mixer set to low, add in the eggs one at a time, beating the mixture after adding each one. Then, add in the vanilla extract, buttermilk, and bananas.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until everything is just combined. Divide the batter between the two pans.
- Bake for around one hour. One cooked, remove the pans from the oven and let the loaves cool.